THE PROS AND CONS OF JOB FAIRS
What is a job fair?
Job fairs (also called hiring fairs, career fairs, placement paloozas) are events that are planned with the hope of connecting opportunity with great talent. They create environments where job seekers are in front of one or multiple organizations. This often creates the environment for on the spot interview and hiring.
Here are the pros and cons:
1. One or multiple employers
2. Direct replies
4. Build confidence
5. Learn about the market
6. On the spot interviews
7. Expedited hiring
1. High competition
2. Requirement to stand out – can disadvantage introverted candidates
3. Expedited conversations require highly organized job seekers
4. Time-consuming – not highly focused
5. Highlighted requirement to create a great first impression
AfriTalents Manpower is here for you. If you are looking to attend local job fairs, we want to hear from you. We will review and highlight opportunities regarding your resume, your presentation, and how to focus your job search. Also, those registered with AfriTalents Manpower are entitled to participate in any of our on-line training and development programs. Get started today.